Need a quick lunch or after-school snack? This amazing quiche in a mug is super-easy to make and ready to eat in just three minutes! Crammed with fresh greens, tomatoes and oozy melted cheese, it’s simple, delicious AND saves on the washing up. Full recipe below.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsps whole milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of grated cheddar
- 1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces
Whatever else you like to fill it with! We chose cherry tomatoes (4, quartered), a small handful of spinach and 2 chopped spring onions. You could add ham or cooked bacon here.
1. Put the butter in your mug and pop in the microwave for ten seconds to melt it. Whisk the egg in your mug, then add the milk, cheese, salt, pepper and whichever greens or other fillings you like!
2. Add torn-up bread to the top until it’s covered, and give it a prod down so that it gets coated in egg – this will help the quiche keep shape.
3. Bung in the microwave for 3 to 3 and a half minutes. You’ll know it’s done when you can score around the edges of the mug and see that the quiche comes away in one piece.
4. The fun bit! Grab a plate and flip your mug upside down. Tap the top until you hear the quiche drop, hold for just a few seconds and then lift the mug away slowly – and VOILA.